Check out my new book!
Most Recent Views
- We Don’t Always Need to Talk
- Three Ways to Understand People
- Is There a “Problem of Goodness”?
- Learn How to Trust People
- Remain Calm, Even If All Isn’t Well
- Have Happy Relationships in 2019
- Create a Better Life in 2019
- Embrace the Paradox of Self-Improvement
- They’re Not Lying
- Can We Measure the Quality of Debates?
Posts I Liked
Category Archives: Modern Orthodoxy
My latest blog post for The Jewish Journal: “They tried to kill us. We won. Let’s eat.” According to the late comedian Alan King, that’s the explanation of most Jewish holidays. It’s particularly relevant to the fast day of Tisha … Continue reading
Is it time for us to stop thinking of ourselves as “the Jewish people”? Are we not one, but many? Some influential writers think so. They start with what is obvious: today’s Jewish population is incredibly diverse. World Jewry includes … Continue reading
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: Were the Jews the first people to think of monotheism? And would it matter if we weren’t? Such questions tend to worry Biblical scholars when they start comparing our Torah with other … Continue reading
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: In the modern era, we associate Islam mainly with terrorism, barbarism, and opposition to science. But it was not always so. Long ago, our early encounters with Islam influenced the development of … Continue reading