Most Recent Views
- Who Counts? We all do.
- Immigration and the Image of God
- God’s Silent Speech — and Ours
- Keeping the Peace in Troubled Times
- Fighting Racism Starts in the Heart
- Is Lone-Wolf Judaism a Thing?
- Chaos and Creation, from Genesis to Today
- Do You Want to Believe?
- Morality Needs Both Logic and Feeling
- Ben Franklin’s Jewish Values
Posts I Liked
Tag Archives: Genesis
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: What exactly is “the word of God?” And can it teach us about happiness and tolerance? Jewish Studies scholar Shaul Magid doesn’t address the second question in “The Word of God is … Continue reading
My latest blog post for The Jewish Journal: Rosh Hashanah celebrates the creation of the world. Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement. They seem quite different. But what if they’re not so different after all? I’m not a rabbi … Continue reading
My new blog post for The Jerusalem Post: What’s real and what isn’t? How do you know? Could there be different kinds of realities that you know in different ways? The greatest thinkers, both Jewish and gentile, have given the … Continue reading
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: Biblical creationists get a bad rap. People think they’re completely wrong. But they’re not. Oh, sure, they’re wrong about the science. The world wasn’t created in 4,004 BCE on October 23, as … Continue reading