Check out my new book!
Most Recent Views
- Is There a “Problem of Goodness”?
- Learn How to Trust People
- Remain Calm, Even If All Isn’t Well
- Have Happy Relationships in 2019
- Create a Better Life in 2019
- Embrace the Paradox of Self-Improvement
- They’re Not Lying
- Can We Measure the Quality of Debates?
- Why My Father Was Never Sick
- Making Peace with “the Passions”
Posts I Liked
Tag Archives: The Tenacity of Unreasonable Beliefs
What does it mean to have faith in God? It’s not a simple question. Lately, I’ve been wrestling with The Tenacity of Unreasonable Beliefs, a book that tries to analyze religious belief from a psychological perspective. The author, Solomon Schimmel, … Continue reading
By N.S. Palmer I’m puzzled. No worries. It’s my normal state. I’m revising the draft of my book Belief, Truth, and Torah. I want to make it engage more fully with arguments from one of our professors at Hebrew College, … Continue reading
We failed Faigy Mayer. Ms. Mayer, an ex-Chasidic Jew, committed suicide by leaping from a rooftop in Manhattan. After leaving the close-knit Chasidic community, she felt alienated from her family and former friends. She struggled with depression, as almost anyone … Continue reading