Most Recent Views
- What a Difference a Year Makes
- Dialogue Is Not Harmful
- Are People Basically Good?
- Do We Need Religion to be Good People?
- Love is not the Answer
- How to Handle Talking About God
- You Can’t Prove God — and It Doesn’t Matter
- Truth in All Its Varieties
- Reclaiming Israel’s Reputation
- Translating the Bible for Our Era
Posts I Liked
Tag Archives: Wittgenstein
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: “You can’t have your cake and eat it, too.” That was one of my father’s favorite adages, second only to “talk is cheap.” It means that if you eat your cake, you … Continue reading
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: “Whereof we cannot speak, about that we must remain silent,”1 advised the Austrian Jewish philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein. People are never very good at remaining silent. That’s true even for things we can’t … Continue reading