Check out my latest book!
Why I wrote the book (3 mins)
Death & compassion (4 mins)
Three Kraters Podcast (2 hrs)
Most Recent Views
- Freedom Means Responsibility
- Why Are People So Mean on the Internet?
- A Moment from the Middle Ages
- A Pop Quiz About Government
- Are You Swimming or Treading Water?
- Don’t Be Misled by Biased News
- You Are Not Alone
- Prevent Suicide But Don’t Miss The Point
- You Are Responsible for You
- Get Happier: Read The Bee
Posts I Liked
Tag Archives: Hillel
We are what we are. The only question is what we choose to do about it. When I worked on Capitol Hill, I knew a political writer who was a nasty, hateful person. Then he became a Christian. And — … Continue reading
My new blog post for The Jerusalem Post: As a child, I was a big “Star Trek” fan. I never wanted to be like Captain Kirk. The world was full of Kirk wannabes. My hero was Mr. Spock: stoic, brilliant, … Continue reading
My latest blog post for The Jerusalem Post: My father had a lot of favorite adages. One was: ”Smart people learn from their mistakes. Smarter people learn from other people’s mistakes.” Learning from other people’s mistakes is easier said than … Continue reading
We failed Faigy Mayer. Ms. Mayer, an ex-Chasidic Jew, committed suicide by leaping from a rooftop in Manhattan. After leaving the close-knit Chasidic community, she felt alienated from her family and former friends. She struggled with depression, as almost anyone … Continue reading